Keeping Our Patients and Providers Safe during COVID-19
Patient Safety Measures
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff.
Dr. Smith and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by
- wearing personal protective gear (surgical gown, face shields, face masks, gloves),
- using hospital-grade disinfectants & sanitizing all common area spaces,
- practicing the latest sterilization protocols (we sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces),
- utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more.
After the re-opening of our office post-COVID-19 closure, when you come to your next appointment, you’ll find that we’ve made some changes to ensure your care is both safe and comfortable.
- Teeth R US Children’s Dentistry is taking only patients with appointments.
- One parent/guardian with the patient is permitted in the office.
- Call us or text us at Plano Office Phone Number 972-820-2022 when you arrive and wait in your car for an assistant to come to you.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival.
- Parents/Guardians must wear face mask before entering the office.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- Please reschedule your appointment if anyone in your household is sick in the last two weeks.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html